FeastHome Reviews – You need fresh, clean air for sure. But, the environment doesn’t always give it to you. That’s why most people will need the best air filter for home to purify the polluted air in their surroundings. Luckily, there are some best products you can always count on.
Air filter will help you remove some or most of pollutants from your indoor air. It works by drawing room air in and through its filter to blowing out fresh, clean air. If you get the good one, it can remove dust, gases, allergens, and other pollutants.
There are numerous air filters or purifiers on the market these days. That’s the reason why I did the hard work for you. Here I’ve put together the nine best air filters that I think can do the best job of giving fresh, clean air in your home.
1. Best for Home with Pets: Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier
- Designed in California. The UVC Light and Anion that other Brands adopt to purify air could produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for the children and Asthma sufferers. Levoit air purifiers never use these for 100% Ozone free
- Advanced 3-Stage Filtration System: The Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor and large dust particles, in addition to removing 99. 97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0. 3 microns
- Genuine Replacement Filters: Search for lvh132rf for Replacement filter. Use genuine Levoit replacement filters to maintain the best performance and to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment
- Ultra-Silent Operation: Filters the air with the lowest noise level as quiet as 25dB for a restful and soothing indoor environment, helping you sleep deeply
- High-Efficiency Air Purifier: Circulates room air over 4 times per hour to achieve rapid purification. Unique size and contemporary design make the Levoit air purifier suitable for small or medium-sized rooms, like offices and dorms
If you are dreaming of a small but mighty air purifier, Levoit LV-H132 is just the thing. This air filter is perfect for a pet owner as well.
Not only is able to free the air of any pollen, smoke, and dust, it can also tackle pet dander, hair, and smells. More interestingly, this model also works great both in small and medium-sized rooms.
2. Best under 100: Morihata International Chikuno Cube
- Cube Size: 2"x2"
- Material: Bamboo Charcoal
- Perfect for fridges, closets, or anywhere that needs a bit of freshening up!
- It’s eco-friendly and can be re-used for up to 1 year just by exposing it to direct sunlight every month for 6 hours.
This is another best air filter for home that you can take into account. Listed here as the best air filter under $100, the Chikuno Cube is actually a great non-electric air filter that can make the most of your indoor air.
You don’t need any electrical connection to make it work for you. All you have to do is expose this product to about six hours of direct sunlight once per month.
3. Best for Allergies: Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier
- Captures: HEPA filter removes 99.97 percent of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns including pollen, dust, mold spores, bacteria and pet dander
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Projects: Projects purified air throughout the whole room. Air Multiplier technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of smooth, yet powerful airflow.
- Multi-functionality: Tower fan and HEPA air Purifier in one.
- Other features: Sleep timer, oscillation, 10 air speed settings and automatic shut-off if tipped over
If allergy season leads you to live your worst life, the Pure Cool Air Purifier by Dyson is here to save the day.
This product is able to calculate the number of pollutants inside your room, and then mechanically adjusting itself to filter them out.
4. Best for Larger Rooms: Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier
- Advanced Swedish Design. Swedish Filter Technology Captures 99% of Airborne Pollutants Like Viruses, Pollen, Dust, Pet Dander, Mold, Bacteria and More
- Eliminates odors. Activated carbon filter reduces gases, VOCs, and annoying odors from pets, smoking, cooking, wildfires and more
- Colorful. Includes machine washable fabric pre-filters in diva blue and dark shadow. Leave the mesh filter housing exposed for a Scandinavian look
- Quiet. No louder than a whisper on the lowest speed (31 db.) and equivalent to the noise level of rainfall on the highest setting (56 db.)
- Low energy consumption. Rated by energy star for low energy consumption (30–60 w).energy consumption:30 – 61 watts
If you need an air filter for a big room, the Blueair Blue Pure 211+ is surely the best choice. It is suitable for rooms up to 540 square feet, making it perfect for a larger room.
Besides, it also acquires a great rating for its excellent performance at getting rid of smoke, pollen, and dust from room air.
5. Best under $200: Winix PlasmaWave 5500-2
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
If you are looking for the best air filter for home which is under $200, Winix PlasmaWave is the right one you can find on the market. Despite its low price, this product is a top rated air filter for its patented PlasmaWave technology.
6. Best Advanced Technology: AIRMEGA 300S Smarter Enabled Air Purifier
- Coway Airmega 300S room air purifier is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 1, 256 square feet and cleans the air at least two times per hour when used as recommended. 628 square feet and cleans the air at least four times per hour when used as recommended.
- Coway Airmega Max2 filter—combined activated carbon and True HEPA filter—captures and reduces up to 99. 97% of 0. 3 micron particles in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds by more than 99% and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO. Includes washable and permanent pre-filter to catch larger dust particles.
- Coway Airmega’s pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality testing in real-time. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is, every minute of the day.
- Coway Airmega has five fan modes: Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium and High. Noise level is nearly silent at lower speeds. Max noise at highest setting is 43. 2 dB.
- Coway Airmega is a smart, energy efficient air purifier with a three-setting smart mode to adapt to its surroundings. Fan speed automatically adjusts based on the room’s air quality and lighting conditions to improve air quality.
This product offers something that not many other devices give: the Smart Enabled Features. This product is also popular for its ability to control every aspect of it from your Android or iOS devices.
This device employs an advanced set of air purifiers including True HEPA and Activated Carbon which is able to capture 99% of VOCs and 99.97% of other pollutants.
7. Best Compact: BeeMoon Compact Air Cleaner
If you need a powerful cleaning in a little package, the Compact Air Cleaner from BeeMoon is your best bet. Regardless of its small size, it can reduce 99% of pollutants including pollen and pet dander.
As the best air filter for home, this machine is fully washable and can save you money of buying a new one every few months.
8. Best Quiet: RabbitAir BioGS Ultra Air Purifier
If you find white noise bothersome, you perhaps struggle with using an air filter. Fortunately, there is the RabbitAir BioGS which can be an ideal alternative for you.
This device features an ultra-quiet BLDC motor which makes it less noisy than other products on the market. Besides, it can clean allergens from rooms as big as 625 sq. ft. up to twice an hour.
9. Best Overall: Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a timer, and filter lifetime indicator.
- Fan speeds available in 1, 2, 3 stages by manually setting up. While auto mode automatically optimizes the speed setting 1 through 3 based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and set as Eco mode to save energy.
- Timer feature allows the machine to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
Currently owning a high rating on Amazon with 4.4/5, the Coway Mighty Air Purifier is just an excellent choice for anyone who needs a reliable air filter. It’s extremely effective against indoor air pollution thanks to its four-stage filtration system.
Moreover, this machine is also well-suited for pet owners who usually need to contend with odors and pet dander in their home. It’s also nice for smokers trying to diminish the amount of second-hand smoke in their surroundings.
That’s all the nine best air filters for home that you can use. All the products above are available on Amazon and show a good reputation with excellent rating on this marketplace. Lastly, I hope that this list of the best air filter for home has been a valuable reference for you.