It’s hard to imagine a kitchen without a backsplash. What better way to protect your walls from grease and splashes than with this little decorative detail?
The backsplash is one of the most visible elements of your kitchen, so it’s worth investing in something that you love. If you love working with hexagons, then this article will be perfect for you.
The back of your kitchen is usually left uncovered, so if you want something stylish but unobtrusive on the back of your wall, this hexagon design is perfect. All you need is a little patience and some basic tools.
So, if you are ready to be inspired and have your own unique kitchen backsplash, then read on. Check out the project and tips below for building a hexagon kitchen backsplash by yourself.
How to Install Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
Follow these steps to install your hexagon kitchen backsplash:
- First, measure the space where you want to install the backsplash and purchase hexagonal tiles. It is advised to use the same size tiles and keep some space between them. Usually, this space is left out for grouting.
- Mark the location of the tiles and draw a hexagon pattern on the wall using a pencil. It is best to draw each line carefully and then connect them with a ruler. This way, you’ll get an even hexagon pattern that will look great in your kitchen. In some cases, you may need to use clear tape to attach each line.
- Glue the tiles using silicone. Ensure the glue is completely dry before moving on to the next step (otherwise, it will result in air bubbles).
- Cut the tiles. Ensure the tiles are cut extremely carefully so that you don’t end up with any bubbles on the finished backsplash (you can use a tile cutter). Also, make sure to use an extra-large grout brush and a floating finishing pad.
- Prepare the joints. If you have decided to stick with half-hexagon tiles, then you’ll need to use an extra grout line for the joints. Again, make sure that you use an adhesive to prevent any leakage.
- Place the tiles. This is a tricky part since you want to be as careful as possible. The best way to ensure that the tiles are placed properly is to use spacers and place the first tile in the middle. Following this, position the second tile and press the tiles firmly. This will ensure that everything is evenly spaced.
- Grout and clean up. This part is not very complicated, and it should only take you a few minutes. Take care not to leave any grout residue on the joints. Similarly, make sure you remove all excess grout.
- Spray an adhesive for the spacers and press firmly. This will ensure that the hexagon tiles are held firmly in place as they dry up.
- Wait for the tiles to dry up. Make sure that they are scorched before you proceed to the final step. This may take a few days, so make sure you don’t rush it.
- Apply grouts and seal. This is the final step. You can apply grouts or silane to achieve an even result. In addition, you can also use regular grouts for something that doesn’t require waterproofing. The advantage is that the sealer will enable the tiles to last longer.
- Seal the tile joints with silicone.
You May Also Like: Why 4-Inch Backsplash? The Pros & Cons
Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash Design Ideas
Before you begin the installation process, make sure you have chosen the best design for your kitchen. Below are some of the most creative ideas available.
White Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
While white is a prevalent color for kitchens, the hexagon backsplash design in this example looks stylish and unique. It can be installed in any kitchen, and it will provide the necessary protection for the wall behind your stove or cooktop.
Grey Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
Another straightforward design is the grey hexagon. It looks stylish and will provide a modern touch to your kitchen.
Elongated Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
This elongated hexagon design is a bit more classy than another hexagon backsplash. However, it can be installed in any kitchen, and it will look great above your stove or cooktop.
You May Also Like: 15 Chic Copper Backsplashes Design
Black Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
This backsplash is very unusual. It is made of recycled glass, which gives it a unique and stylish feel. You can choose any color or pattern you want to match this design to your kitchen’s color scheme.
Small Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
Use small hexagon tiles to create a kitchen backsplash that will help you add flair to your kitchen. This is a project that I wanted to share with you because I think it’s such a unique idea and unlike any of the other projects I’ve seen on this site.
Marble Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
Above is a marble hexagon kitchen backsplash design that you can install on your own—no need to hire professionals. The hexagon design looks very sleek and modern. The kitchen backsplash is also a great way to show off your favorite colors or tiles from your wall tile or backsplash.
Blue Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
The kitchen backsplash of this blue hexagon design appears to be very classy, clean, and modern. The color scheme looks great with the wall tiles, and that’s what makes it the perfect choice for a kitchen backsplash.
Modern Hexagon Kitchen Backsplash
The modern kitchen backsplash of this hexagon design features multiple colors of marble that strategically flow into each other—the white balance well with the dark marble pattern.
Hexagon Big Shape Kitchen Backsplash
The big shape kitchen backsplash of this hexagon idea brings forth the beauty of the natural stone. The dark blue cabinet and wall look very elegant, and that’s what makes it a perfect choice for a kitchen.
Hexagon Glass Kitchen Backsplash
The glass kitchen backsplash of this hexagon design offers an exquisite and stylish look. It looks spotless and neat with matching tiles.
There are many different hexagon kitchen backsplash ideas here, and just by looking at them, you can tell that there are so many ways to create an elegant design for your kitchen. All the options here have some twist on the classic hexagon backsplash design.